Friday, June 8, 2018

A Few of My Favorite Things


I've always loved this song. Mostly because the list, while it rhymes (because, song!), is completely arbitrary. Her list is random, fun, and just interesting to pick apart.

Raindrops on roses - loves simple beautiful things

Whiskers on kittens - they tickle, and kittens are cute!

Bright copper kettles - back in those days you had to really scrub to keep copper pots bright, and as an initiate at a nunnery, she would have done lots of chores involving scrubbing, pots, and copper, so she's probably valuing the hard work put in, as well as the result.

Warm woolen mittens - she's from a place that gets below freezing whatever thermometer gauge you're using, warm things are good here.

Brown paper packages tied up with strings - surprise of what's inside, not to mention that households used that paper and string for a myriad of things. Very thrifty folk.

I won't keep going because I can feel eyes rolling so hard online. I just know someone wants to tl;dr this.

But I am going to use this as a confessional - about things that I like.

Thrift Store Yarn.
Beads - all shapes, and sizes, and materials, but I lean to glass, wood, bone, and metal over plastic.
Stuffed Things. (Monsters, animals, sea shells, etc.)
Legos
Board Games
Video Games

Honestly the list could go on.

What are your favorite things?

No comments:

Post a Comment